× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 and dropping my network connection

dzachau
Tutor

EX8000 and dropping my network connection

My set up:

I have a Nighthawk RAX200 router connected to a  computer via ethernet connection in my home on the first floor.  I have a second computer connected to the network by WIFI on the second floor of my home.  The second floor computer on the newtwork is connected to WIFI through an EX-8000 Extender. 

I have successfully set up both computers on my home network in order to share folders/files.

The Problem:

After getting a successful connection, Intermittently I am losing the connection on the network between the two computers.  Could this be due to use of the Extender?  Are there settings in the router or extender I should change?

Thanks,

Dave

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX8000 and dropping my network connection

Hi dzachau,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the product. We would like to clarify some things. You mentioned that the 1st computer is wired to the main router and the second computer is connected via wifi to the EX8000( set up as an extender), is that correct? May we know to which network are you experiencing intermittent connection? Was it connected via the same network? What is the current firmware version on the router and extender? Also, was this working before? 

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7