× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX8000 dropping connection

alexdgreen
Aspirant

EX8000 dropping connection

Less than a year old, my EX8000 has gone from being fairly stable to now needing a restart of itself and my R7000 router, to resolve an issue where it just drop the backhaul connection, but still broadcasts the extended AP's.

I've gone through various firmware's and have placed the extended in various locations - currently its located directly above the R7000 one floor up.

Does this need to be RMA'd?

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

alexdgreen, 

Thanks for posting. I'm curious to know what firmware version the router and extender are currently on. Have you gotten a chance to change the wireless channel on the router? 

Message 2 of 4
taranallo
Initiate

Any updates on this? I've read through countless posts and all just get locked with no actual resolution for a problem that seems to be going on for a while.

I'm on my second EX8000 and have tried all available firmwares, no matter what the connection drops even though the extender is stating it is connected.

Appears I may have to return this second one and go with another company if nothing is getting addressed.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
taranallo
Initiate

So, nothing I tried worked. Ended up having an extra Pi handle all DHCP reservations instead of the R7800 and now not a single issue with the EX8000 or the R7800...
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7