× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX8000 extender and eero

bigboo2u
Aspirant

EX8000 extender and eero

When I first moved into the house now where I rent a room, the wifi signal to  my room was basically a dead zone where I was getting about 4mbps download and about 3 upload. I purchased the EX8000 and my speeeds went off the charts giving me about 320mbps download and 250 upload. The people that own the house bought the eero system and put one of the beacons in my room but they said I can't use my Nighthawk with it. The eero is nice but my speeds dropped to nearly 1/2 of what I was getting. Does anyone know if I can hardwire my Nighthawk to the eero to boost my speeds back up or am I stuck? Thanks

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bigboo2u, 

You may need to check if the eero beacon has an ethernet port you can connect to. If so, test it out and run a speed test. Though, you may also need to check the speed test results when connected to the main eero router as it may perform better compared to having the extender connected to the beacon.

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
bigboo2u
Aspirant

Hello Christian, the Beacon does have two ethernet ports but that is a great idea with the speed test before and after.

Regards, Robin

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bigboo2u - Certainly! Please feel free to provide an update with your findings. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7