× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 not starting after firmware update (blinking white)

sylvainjapan
Guide

EX8000 not starting after firmware update (blinking white)

Hello,

Today I did the update of the firmware of my extender EX8000, and after the update it's not working anymore.

All the ligh are blinking white.

I tried a factory reset but the result is the same, all the light blinking white.

I tried to restore the firmware with ethernet cable but it's look like the extender is not having any IP on my computer...

Somebody have a solution please?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX8000 not starting after firmware update (blinking white)

you could try doing a tftp restore procedure. You can use this for extenders and routers. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Here's a thread from someone who had the same/similar issue and did a write up of how they got it to work. I'd read through how they did it for tips/tricks prior to doing yours in case you have similar issues they did. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/NETGEAR-EX8000-fails-to-exit-quot-fa...

Message 2 of 3
ARH47
Tutor

Re: EX8000 not starting after firmware update (blinking white)

I am having the same problem, just one month after warranty expired, of course, but all I did was turn off the extender, which was working fine, then turned it back on, now all it does is blink white lights across the front.  The power button LED in the back turns to blinking red after a few seconds, too.  Factory reset button doesn't do anything.  I do not understand what is going on with the solution the other person dougho2 found in the link.  He states that his EX8000 is having this problem, then goes on to say how he did things to the "router" and reinitialized the "router".  Does he actually mean the extender?  Should I replace the word "router" with "extender" in his solution?  I do not see how what he did with the "router" does anything at all to the extender?  Please help.  Thank you.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7