× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX8000

Alauchner1
Tutor

EX8000

I can’t get it to connect! Right off the bat it said I had a invalid QR code and wouldn’t scan. Tried manually, NOTHING! Please help! I have followed all the steps with the instructions and the app! Nothing is helping! What do I do?!!!
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Have you tried connecting to it via an ethernet cable and following the install instructions that router? 

If you do this and use a laptop, make sure to disable wifi on the laptop or the laptop can default back to the wireless and cause issues during setup. 

This route tends to go the fastest and easiest

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX8000.aspx

Message 2 of 6
Alauchner1
Tutor

Nothing happens! It won’t even show up as a option to connect to on my laptop. I’m out if Answer’s and I need to get this working! I have a mare that is about to foal and I need to cam to work! Isn’t there a number to contact customer support?!!!!
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Alauchner1 wrote:
Nothing happens! It won’t even show up as a option to connect to on my laptop. I’m out if Answer’s and I need to get this working! I have a mare that is about to foal and I need to cam to work! Isn’t there a number to contact customer support?!!!!

to contact support you click "mynetear" at the top. register an account and then your device. From there, there is options to contact support. Its free for the first 90 days after purchase. Keep in mind, netgear is inundated with calls due to people having to work from home. 

what are the led's on the EX8000 doing? 

What do you mean it doesn't show as an option to connect to your laptop? did you try connecting to it via an ethernet cable? 

Message 4 of 6
Alauchner1
Tutor

I’ve tried to contact customer support. I get all the way to live chat and click in start chat then nothing
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Like I said, the service is overwhelmed. most of the pages you go to here have a notice at the top stating that. 

to many people had to transition from working from home and you've got call centers that suddenly have significantly higher calls while dealing with reduced staff due to the covid stuff going on. the forum might be your best bet until things calm down globaly. 

did you try the setup via hardwired connection?

You can also try factory resetting the EX8000 by pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. Maybe it was setup prior. 

What are the lights doing? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7