× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000

sduttonusa
Tutor

EX8000

I have two Extenders (used as Access Points) in my Home Network.  My main NightHawk WiFi Router is also an Access Point to my EDGE Router.  Both of my Extenders have 3 MAC Addresses on the bottom (as well as shown in the web interface . . . MAC 1, MAC 2, and MAC 3.)  Is the MAC 1 the primary MAC address that identifies the Extender?  I want to enter the static IP that I've assigned to each of the Extenders into my EDGE router table.  I need to know which MAC address I should use to associate with the IP.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: EX8000

Does the user manual give any information about the Mac addresses seen? 

Message 2 of 3
sduttonusa
Tutor

Re: EX8000

There's a section in the manual that talks about adding the Extender's MAC address into the Router's Filter Table:  "On the router, add the extender’s virtual MAC address and all the virtual MAC addresses connected to the extender network to your router’s MAC filter table"

This has me confused.  Do I add all three MAC Addresses to the router (assigned to the same IP)?  Is there a main MAC Address, and the other two are "virtual"?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7