× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EXT6400 WiFi Mesh Extender-cannot find extended network on iPhone

jpf142
Aspirant

EXT6400 WiFi Mesh Extender-cannot find extended network on iPhone

I am having trouble finding the new extended network from my iPhone.  I have followed the setup instructions and have no problem connecting with WPS.  The extender connects to my router successfully.  However, from my iPhone, I select Settings>WiFi, the new extended network does not appear as a network to select.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I'm wondering if I should call my cell phone provider for assistance?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EXT6400 WiFi Mesh Extender-cannot find extended network on iPhone

If the EX6400 mesh extender is setup using wps, its default configuration is using mesh. 

that means it uses the same ssid as the router. 

it won't show up as different. 

It allows devices to roam between the networks based on their own roaming protocols

Message 2 of 4
jpf142
Aspirant

Ok, that makes sense and thank you for the reply.  I wondered if this was possibly the case; however, I am not seeing any improvement in my range of where our cell phones have signal.  Those spots in the house (which are most places) that we can't pick up a signal hasn't changed any.  Any other thoughts on this you may can share?

@plemans wrote:

If the EX6400 mesh extender is setup using wps, its default configuration is using mesh. 

that means it uses the same ssid as the router. 

it won't show up as different. 

It allows devices to roam between the networks based on their own roaming protocols

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can try disabling the mesh feature of the extender and manually connecting. 

The roaming your phone/pc/laptop use is based on its own roaming protocol and if they're not properly roaming, its either positioning, signal strength, or even the devices own roaming coding. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7