× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EXT6410 - Multiple units with unique SSIDs - set up completed, all lights green - no connection

LouiseExtender
Aspirant

EXT6410 - Multiple units with unique SSIDs - set up completed, all lights green - no connection

Hi,

This is the second EXT6410 range extender we've got. Both set up fine individually. I had them on the same network name as the router wifi. When I turned both on, there was a conflict. Therefore I have gone back in to settings and assigned a unique SSID. (So far I've done this for one unit, the other still to be completed.)

For the whole procedure I followed process set out by Netgear support, using an ethernet connection from my Mac. Based in the same room as the router.

I then moved the extender to a different room. Green lights are all on i.e. extender appears connected to router, my device shows the new network name and connects to the extender. However the device is not connected to the internet. I tried this after a factory reset, in case there was any lingering confusion.

I am no longer able to log in to the extender (wirelessly or with the ethernet connection) via mywifiext . net or 192.168.1.250 (because I cannot get online with the extender's SSID)

Obviously something has gone wrong somewhere and I would be grateful for any advice. I spent an hour waiting on hold with for premium phone support ... Just keen to try and get this sorted!

Many thanks in advance!

Louise

Message 1 of 2
LouiseExtender
Aspirant

Re: EXT6410 - Multiple units with unique SSIDs - set up completed, all lights green - no connection

Can't see how to close or remove a post, so replying here - got through to tech support after all and case resolved! I needed to do restarts, and also use the mywifiext . local to connect. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7