× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Easymesh

bankerjoe
Aspirant

Easymesh

It isn't clear.  Is the EAX80 easymesh?

Message 1 of 5

Re: Easymesh

From 2011, it seems to predates Netgear's adoption of the standard.

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with my NETGEAR Mesh WiFi 6 System? - NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 5
bankerjoe
Aspirant

Not sure where you got 2011.  I'm certain it was released in 2020.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

No, EAX80 dates to 2019.

Also reveiw the "This article applies to:" In the provided link about easy mesh.

Message 4 of 5
bankerjoe
Aspirant

I was just curious, as I was gifted one, and I was able to (allegedly, anyway) install it onto my network as a mesh device.  I followed the instructions for both devices (different manufacturer's) and while it doesn't show up in the Easymesh portion of the portal (which info from the post now demonstrates why), it might as well be acting as one.  My network is acting as a mesh, at least close enough, at user level (no real measurable lag, deadspots reduced to a minimum, etc), so I guess I don't really care.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7