× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Editing Existing Network on EX7000

OldMaple
Aspirant

Editing Existing Network on EX7000

I am using this network extender on a boat. Very often at a marina, we can get (marginal) wifi from the marina we are moored at in the cockpit, but not in other parts of the boat -- hence the use of the extender.

So I would like to manually edit the router -> extender "Existing Network" settings while keeping the 2.5GHz and 5 GHz wifi settings from extender -> device constant. 

Is this possible? Or do I have to go through the entire (router -> extender; extender -> device wifi)  configuration each time?

thanks.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello OldMaple 

Are you saying when you go to other marinas you are having to reconfigure each time?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
OldMaple
Aspirant

Say the SSID at Marina #1 is MARINA1 and the SSID at Marina #2 is MARINA2 the local SSID from the extender is BOATNAME25 and BOATNAME5.

When I am at Marina #1, the "router" is configered to MARINA1.  When we visit another marina, say, Marina #2, I would like to change the configeration so that the "router" is MARINA2, yet the local SSIDs remain as  BOATNAME25 and BOATNAME5.

It appears that to change the router from MARINA1 to MARINA2, I have to completely reconfigure everyingthing, including re-entering 

BOATNAME25 and BOATNAME5 and associated passwords.  Is there a way around this?

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello OldMaple 

Unfortunately no because they are designed to stay connected to 1 router.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7