× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error Trying to update firmware on a WN2000RPT

rcooke1963
Aspirant

Error Trying to update firmware on a WN2000RPT

Current Firmware info:

Hardware Version WN2000RPT
Firmware Version V1.0.0.24IC
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.10

On the firmware tab, I click "Check for update"  (server is ftp://updates1.netgear.com/wn2000rpt/ic) and after a few seconds I get this error:

"Firmware could not be downloaded, check internet connection". 

But I clearly have a connection since I'm connected to the Extender and I'm on this web page!

My current firmware version matches V3 hardware so I downloaded the latest file.  But when I try to load it, I get this error:

Error upgrade file module name! (Module name is "WN2000RPT")

Just for "fun" I tried to load each of the V2 and V1 firmwares and also got errors.

Is there a work around or fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
Lossitallet
Guide

Following... 🙂 

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Did you extract the img file from the zip (and then install the img file)?

The current firmware for the WN2000RPTv3 is here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN2000RPTV3/WN2000RPTv3-V1.0.1.32.zip

Message 3 of 5
rcooke1963
Aspirant

This is my second attempt at replying!  My first attempt never appeared, even though I got a "reply" badge for it.

Thank you for the input.

I did, indeed dowdnload the .32 latest ZIP file, unzip it, and then try to upload the IMG file.  I even connected to the AP with a wire!

The automatic update does not work either, and I just tried to access the FTP address it is using.  There are no files on the server!  Has the FTP address changed?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@rcooke1963 wrote:

This is my second attempt at replying!  My first attempt never appeared, even though I got a "reply" badge for it.

There's an automatic spam filter, it might have triggered.  Mods are supposed to check it periodically, but sometimes it's just too much real spam in there for that to be practical.

@rcooke1963 wrote:

The automatic update does not work either, and I just tried to access the FTP address it is using.  There are no files on the server!  Has the FTP address changed?

I don't know (and also see no files in the update folder).  Maybe @DexterJB can suggest the next step?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7