× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re : Error creating account on EX6200 Wifi Extender

mdaubs
Aspirant

Error creating account on EX6200 Wifi Extender

My EX6200 wasn't working properly, so I had to restore it to factory settings. After running the setup wizard, I was taken to a screen with a "New Extender Setup" button. Once I click that, I'm taken to another screen where I can create an account so I could view and modify the settings. After entering my preferred username, password, and security questions and clicking "Next", however, I'm simply taken back to the screen with the "New Extender Setup" button. The URL, however, contains a lot of extra code:

http://192.168.1.250/%22);%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20var%20errorCode%20=%20parseInt(retStr[...

Any ideas? I'm unable to access the settings because of this. Thanks in advance!

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
Danny123
Aspirant

Re: Error creating account on EX6200 Wifi Extender

I have the same problem..

Can someone help please?

Message 2 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would try to clear the browser settings and then try to use www.mywifiext.net to login to the extender.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 8
mdaubs
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but the error persists. If it helps, I've tried this from multiple computers/devices and multiple browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome) and the result is the same every time. The issue seems to be that the code to build the login page is, for some reason, showing up in the URL. Because of that, it appears to be an issue with the updated firmware rather than user error. Unfortunately, since I can't access the extender's settings anymore, I can't downgrade to an earlier firmware to test this.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

mdaubs

You could try to downgrade the firmware using TFTP here is a article on how to do it for routers so I am not sure if it will work for a extender or not.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688

DarrenM

Message 5 of 8
WhiteApache
Aspirant

I have the same problem... (With the last version of firmware...)

Some news about this....

Can someone help please?

Thanks !!

PS : The solution from DarrenM don't work for me...

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 6 of 8
shaora
Aspirant

Hello,

I just bought a EX6150 and I have exactly the same problem when I tried to create a profile.

Is there a solution or is netgear support working on a solution ?

thanks

Message 7 of 8
Bill_P
Initiate

I factory reset my extender and connected to the network with WPS, then got the same thing. The solution I found was to factory reset the extender again, but don't use WPS.

I followed the steps in the manual under "Connect with Web Browser Setup" where, using a laptop or other device on your exisiting WiFi network, you connect to the default network on the extender "NETGEAR_EXT", then select your exisiting network. Enter in the key/password for your network. Once it confirms the connection, connect to the start page again, create an account and it will take you into the extender's settings. At least it did for me.

Update: After posting this, I updated to new firmware 1.0.0.28_1.0.64, which states that it fixed the problem of not being able to connect to the start page. I'm not sure you can upgrade using TFTP, but it seems easier to do the procedure above and then upgrade through the web interface.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7