× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet-attached printer not showing up in Attached Devices

mlevin77
Tutor

Ethernet-attached printer not showing up in Attached Devices

I just got a Netgear EX6200 (the Genie web page reports it as an AC1200??). It connects to my wifi network fine, but my printer, which I have connected to its Ethernet port, is not showing up on its Attached Devices web page. The light on the side of the extender is glowing #5, to indicate that it knows the printer is there, but the device isn't showing up on the Attached Devices. Is that because it's set for a static IP and not DHCP?
Message 1 of 3
fordem
Mentor

Re: Ethernet-attached printer not showing up in Attached Devices

First question - does the printer work as expected? If it does consider the issue to be an anomaly and ignore it - the mechanisms used to collect the data for the attached devices list are not that reliable, having a static ip, can cause it not to show, but there are also other possible reasons. If the printer is not working, we can focus on that.
Message 2 of 3
mlevin77
Tutor

Re: Ethernet-attached printer not showing up in Attached Devices

fordem wrote:
First question - does the printer work as expected?

it's not, and I can't ping it. It has a static ip (10.0.1.109), and even though the router seems to know it's there (its Ethernet port number is lit up), I can't ping it or connect to it.

worse yet, I notice that none of my devices (iPad, laptop) can get on the repeater's wifi network - no error, just the little circle thing spins and spins forever, and it never gets on the wifi. I don't have the access control list turned on yet; what's going on?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7