× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex2700 doesn't work if router's Access Control on

crumbs22
Aspirant

Ex2700 doesn't work if router's Access Control on

I have a netgear router and EX2700 extender. I want access control on at the router but it stops the extender from working. I have tried connecting the extender then adding it to the permitted list at the router and then turning on access control but my phone connects to the extender but the extender will not connect to the router. All otherr devices work fine with access control.
Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ex2700 doesn't work if router's Access Control on

I think that the extender sends modified MAC addresses to the base station for devices associated with the extender. So if you temporarily disable base station access control the extender devices should connect, you should then be able to see the MAC addresses of those devices at the base station and be able to add them to the access list.

Message 2 of 4
crumbs22
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Does this means that each time a device disconnects and then reconnects again I must enter the new Mac address? That would be a nuisance especially when there are many devices which would have to be added each time u leave and re-enter the house.
Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I’m not entirely sure as I tend to use access points rather than extenders, I would hope / expect that the MAC address created by the extender remains the same for each client device.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7