× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex2700 - mywifiext doesn't think I'm connected?

Neednethelp
Aspirant

Ex2700 - mywifiext doesn't think I'm connected?

I would like to view the settings of my ex2700, but when I connect to it and visit mywifiext it says I'm not connected?<br><br>The reason for checking the settings is that I can't connect to gta online when my xbox is connected through my extender, thanks!
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex2700 - mywifiext doesn't think I'm connected?

What router are you using? 

What are all the leds on the extender doing? be specific, each led/color/blinking/solid.

How did you set it up? Wps or the smart connection wizard?  I've had better luck running the smart connection wizard.

If its truly connected to the router, you should be able to log into the router and find its IP address. Each router has a page somewhere that shows connected devices. That'll have the ip address for the extender. use that to connect to it. If its not on the list, it probably isn't connected. 

Message 2 of 9
Neednethelp
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I used the wizard to connect it (which appears ok, I can access the Internet etc connecting to the extender).
My router is a 'Sky' router, I will find details if required, but it is relatively modern (new in 2018 I believe), and was working OK previously with this extender.

I can connect to my router via the ip address, and can see a list of devices, but the extender is not named. I tried to connect to a few which say 'unknown', but no joy.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

So everything works but the playstation?

If you connect a pc/laptop directly to the extender via the ethernet port, can you access it with the mywifiext . net?

Message 4 of 9
Neednethelp
Aspirant

Thanks I was able to access my WiFi ext with my laptop plugged into the ethernet and I was able to upgrade my firmware - unfortunately the game still doesn't work.

I don't I'm connected with ipv4 whereas other things can connect with ipv6? Will that make a difference? Can the ex2700 handle ipv6?
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

1. does it work with other devices?

2. What firmware did you upgrade to? 

3. does it work with other games? 

4. How are you connecting the playstation? wireless or wired? 

Message 6 of 9
Neednethelp
Aspirant

It seems to work with other devices, certainly my phone and laptop, I don't have many more to try lol

It upgraded from .10 to I think .54?

Yes,other games seem OK, certainly no matchmaking issues and I can join voice chats

I'm wired to the extender
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

If everything else is working and even other games are working, I'm highly doubting its the extender causing issues. The extender doesn't discriminate based on games 🙂 

I'd check into that specific game as well as your router. 

have you tried hardwiring into the router to see if the game works? 

Message 8 of 9
Neednethelp
Aspirant

Just want to add that I believe I may have a fix - essentially I just turned everything on my network (router, extender, xbox) off at the mains for about 15 mins and turned each one on in turn - I was able to join people in gta online afterwards, so I hope I am sorted, thanks for the help!
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7