× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 - 5 GHz not working

ABHINAV
Aspirant

Ex3700 - 5 GHz not working

Hello Team, 

Please help, I purchased EX3700 – AC750 WiFi Range Extender two weeks ago and both 2 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies worked for 3 days.

1. Since 4th day internet is coming properly on 2 Ghz, but on 5 Ghz I am able to connect, nonetheless I am unable to connect to internet.

I have performed no firmware upgrade or made any changes in router configuration to the best of my knowledge.

2. One of the mobile phone is not picking up 5 Ghz frequency, any tweek I can do to correct the same. My router supports both 2 and 5 Ghz frequencies.

3. I tried reseting the extender to default factory setting and that had made no difference in the connection. One Thing is an exception, which I think should not make a difference is the SSID Name that I have used is not same as of Router SSID name. Please let me know if they are culprit and if I need to use names as Network_2GHz and Network_5GHz

Regards,

Abhinav

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Ex3700 - 5 GHz not working

Hello ABHINAV

You may want to update the extender to the latest firmware and also change the wireless channel on the router. And the SSID name should not affect this.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ABHINAV

You may want to update the extender to the latest firmware and also change the wireless channel on the router. And the SSID name should not affect this.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
ABHINAV
Aspirant

Thanks Darren. I changed my router channel to 11 and later upgraded firmware and yay it works. Thanks for the valuable suggestion. Now both 2 and 5 ghz are transmitting Internet. Let's hope it stays this way only
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7