× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 ac750 WiFi range extender

Lulu2
Follower

Ex3700 ac750 WiFi range extender

Tried setting up range extender multiple times including after factory reset. I use the net gear_ext browser setup and I get through all the steps but when I choose the extender WiFi it says there is no internet connection and brings me to a page that says you have created an access point but we did not detect an internet connection and brings me right back to the WiFi range extender setup. The power and wps lights are green but router has no light. Our internet and router working fine.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700 ac750 WiFi range extender

What do you have connected to the ethernet port?  From the sound of it, you're setting it up in access point mode and not in extender mode. In access point mode, the extender is expecting to see an ethernet connection from the router to its ethernet port. 

You can use the ethernet port to direct connect a pc for setup in extender mode. Just make sure to disable the wifi on the pc/laptop if you go that route.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7