× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700 wifi extender connection issues

mw511
Aspirant

Ex3700 wifi extender connection issues

My Netgear wifi extender was working perfectly and then it stopped. I have tried multiple times to reconnect; moving extender closer to router, etc., etc. ... Still won't connect. I've done the hard factory reset once. Are there any other tricks out there? 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700 wifi extender connection issues

What router do you have ?

what method of setup are you using? 

What error are you getting when you try setup? 

what does the status page on the extender show after you try setup? 

Message 2 of 4
mw511
Aspirant

What router do you have ? It's a Spectrum WiFi router. 

what method of setup are you using? I reset the device; followed directions to connect ext to router

What error are you getting when you try setup? No error message. It seemed to connect/add the EXT credentials to WiFi but can't connect devices to the EXT. 

what does the status page on the extender show after you try setup? It just keeps popping back to start the setup process all over again. Like on a loop. 

This unit worked for most of the past year. Then it just sort of stopped. Wasn't sure, beyond the hard factory reset (which I've already done twice) if there's anything else to try.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Which setup method? Saying you used the directions doesn't help as there's different ways to set it up. 

1. Using the wps push button method

2. using the installation assistant

3. using the app

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7