× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex3700

Fimoffat
Aspirant

Ex3700

Hope someone can help.

I purchased this range Extender to be able to set up my new smart tv. It worked for a few hours! I am following all of the instructions to re-set it up. I keep getting server stopped working each time I try to complete the set up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do as this is driving me crackers

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex3700

@Fimoffat wrote:
Hope someone can help.

I purchased this range Extender to be able to set up my new smart tv. It worked for a few hours! I am following all of the instructions to re-set it up. I keep getting server stopped working each time I try to complete the set up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do as this is driving me crackers

You're getting the server stopped working on your tv or on the extender? 

What server stopped working? 

What are the led's doing on the extender? color/blinking/solid/each light. 

What firmware is on the extender?

What router are you connected to?

Message 2 of 10
Fimoffat
Aspirant

Hi i am trying to set this up on my iPad. I can join the WiFi for the extender. I log onto mywiifiext.net. I go through the process of setting up and enter passwords where needed. I get to the end of the process and for some reason the WiFi goes back to my original WiFi rather than the extender. The message comes up either that I cannot connect to the internet or that the server has stopped working

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Are you setting the ssid the same for the extender as the router?

What firmware is on the extender?

do you have a device you can hardwire into the extender for setup?

Message 4 of 10
Fimoffat
Aspirant

Hi I am setting the SSID the same . I am using the same password for both the extender and router. I do have an Ethernet cable I can use. Would it be worth trying to set up my laptop rather than iPad.

Sorry if I sound a bit dim. I am on a computer all day but this side of things I struggle with.

What is the firmware?
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

When you're changing the extenders ssid to the same as your router, maybe your phone is defaulting back to the router while the extender changes over. 

Try the setup via the ethernet cable on your laptop. it usually tends to go smoother. 

Message 6 of 10
Fimoffat
Aspirant

Thank you. Will this only need to be done once ?

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Depends on if you're changing router/resetting extender/etc. if everything stays as it, theoretically it shouldn't but things happen such as power surgers, switching routers, etc so I can't say that for sure. 

Message 8 of 10
Fimoffat
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your help. I have tried to set up on my computer and there is a problem with accessing the internet.

Would getting a new router from BT help do you think as this is a few years old

Message 9 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Fimoffat, 

Was a factory reset performed on the extender prior to setting it up via ethernet cable? Also, if you recently purchased the device, please keep in mind that your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support from our support team which can be accessed using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7