× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ex6100

Mrprofecy
Follower

Ex6100

Hi, I am having problem with my EX6100 WiFi Range Extender Installation Guide. I used this adapter before and it was a connected to my old wifi. Now that I try to install it again it seems like it connects to my new wifi but the names that appear in the adapter are my old wifi, I try to put the wifi of the new router but it does not work. I don’t understand how it still has the name of the old router because it was from6 years ago meaning that it was gone 6 years ago meaning its not in my house anymore meaning that I don’t understand how is connected. I try to reset it in the factory reset but it did not worked. So I was wondering if someone can help me with this problem, I would be really grateful. By the way my wifi router is WPS not WEP. Thank you!
Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

wps is a method of setup. 

WEP is a security method. 

What router are you connecting it to? 

What you factory reset it, did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender was powered on? 

then reinstall it using the guide. Don't use wps, use the installation assistant. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6100.aspx

Message 2 of 6
ol2
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems they have shut off support for setting up this extender

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ol2 Its your only post in the forums and you gave no details. 

If you'd like help, please start your own thread and we're happy to help. 

Message 4 of 6
ol2
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I've tried to go in and reset the extender thru it no longer works and is no longer listed as a supported device on the set up webpage

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ol2 please start your own thread and we're happy to help. Make sure to post in the proper forum as this is the forum for routers (which the OP post in improperly)

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7