× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex6150v2 latest update (v1.0.1.108) prevents further login access

Steve057
Follower

Ex6150v2 latest update (v1.0.1.108) prevents further login access

Hello. Yesterday I logged in to my EX6150v2 Wifi Range Extender, upon checking for updates it indicated that update v1.0.1.108 was available. I downloaded and installed this update but now am unable to login to the device.

I am presented with the login screen, on entering the correct login details a brief (one second) screen flashes up and then the login screen re-appears ready for me to enter the login details (again).

I filmed the brief screen flash and on stepping through the video this shows:-

You have more than one Wifi Range Extender in the Network. Please select the extender that you want to login.

IP address                                                                MAC address                                                 Device Name

(There is no further information)

I now find that I am now unable to contact Netgear Support as my support options have expired. The latest update has trashed my device and I can't even discuss it with them!  Under those circumstances I will never buy Netgear devices again.

My next move will be to Factory Reset the device and try to re-configure.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with this update (or have a solution)?

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Ex6150v2 latest update (v1.0.1.108) prevents further login access

I would try the factory reset/reinstall option. 

Sometimes old settings can cause issues when upgrading/downgrading firmware and thats where a factory reset can be beneficial. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7