× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex6200v2 Wifi Extender fails to connect after setup

BacklashSamurai
Aspirant

Ex6200v2 Wifi Extender fails to connect after setup

Recently had Spectrum upgrade wireless router so I have to reinstall my wifi extender. Im at my wits end with this one. The online setup says im finished and connected and led lights for both channels are solid green, but as soon as I try to update firmware or conect a device it wont connect and i get discounted completely. If i search for the extender via wifi network it shows up but nothing will connect. Ive tried doing a factory reset and reinstalling, but I get the same results. Anything that trys to connect says it cannot communicate with the primary DNS. My PS4 got as far as not being able to obtain the IP address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ex6200v2 Wifi Extender fails to connect after setup

What Firmware version is loaded on the EX?
What is the Mfr and model# of the main host router the NG extender is connected too?

What is the distance between the main host router and the EX unit? 

What channels are you using on the main host router?

Message 2 of 5
BacklashSamurai
Aspirant

-The Router is an Askey Wave 2 -RT4230W.
-The Firmware on the Netgear should be 1.0.3.88_1.1.123
-Distance is 1 inch away (i dont even get past moving it). Final location would be about 20ft away with direct line of sight.
-Im not sure what channels, I believe the Extender automatically selects the best channel.
Thank you
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you set up the EX at distance of about 10 feet away, then after it reboots. Power it off and place at it's remote location. Then see what happens. 1" is too close. 

Message 4 of 5
BacklashSamurai
Aspirant

Same problem, the channels are set to auto on my router. Im wondering if it just boils down to a compatibility issue. Any other suggestions?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7