× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ex6250 not connecting to netgear wifi

Strinchi
Aspirant

Ex6250 not connecting to netgear wifi

I’m trying to connect netgear. The netgear_ext is not coming up as an option on my wifi list at all.
Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

While powered on, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. 

That should get it back to the default settings. 

If it doesn't work, you can hardwire a pc/laptop into it. Just disable the wireless on the pc/laptop you connect so it doesn't default back to that connection during setup. 

Message 2 of 7
RedHillLad
Initiate

I have the same issue, after installing the new recommended firmware update. Have you been able to resolve this?

Message 3 of 7
Strinchi
Aspirant

Hi, no still no success. I pressed reset button for 20 seconds on extender while powered on. The same thing happens. Through the app, I try to do a new setup and it says it’s trying to join netgear_ext, so I press join and it then says unable to join. In my wifi settings netgear_ext does not even come up as an option even after reset. I don’t have a laptop- just iPad and phone
Message 4 of 7
RedHillLad
Initiate

Issue now resolved! I did the reset, and then the local NetGear option appeared. From there I was able to use the app to set everything up without further issue. If you can, do the factory reset on your EX6250. Good luck! 👍
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked for you!

Message 6 of 7
SmileyOne777
Aspirant

Figured out how to get it to work. First, I noticed this only worked when I had the Extender button selected instead of Access Point on the side of the Extender.

Originally NETGEAR_EXT would not show as a WiFi option so I did hold the reset button while the extender was already on. The NETGEAR_EXT finally did show but the app still would not connect. I decided to connect the extender directly to my router via an ethernet cable. I did have to go to the settings on my cellphone and turn off "Auto Join" from my normal WiFi connection (otherwise when I connected to NETGEAR_EXT, it kept going back to the default WiFi).

After it stays connected to NETGEAR_EXT, follow the instructions. Once it gets to the screens that says: wait 1 minute while we make sure that your mobile device is connected to (whatever you home Wifi name is), disconnect the cable from the extender and router or it will keep looping on that screen. You may have to refresh that screen again after you disconnect the cable but it should allow you to move forward with setting up the extender, updating firmware, and setting up the admin password. Took some trial and error to figure it all out but hope this saves you some time and frustration. 🙂 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7