× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ex7000 doesn't connect to wifi anymore.

Tazze
Aspirant

Ex7000 doesn't connect to wifi anymore.

I have the AC1900 Wifi Range Extender EX7000 and my home had recently got the Orbi mesh extender or whatever. Though for some reason, after installing the Orbi mesh thing, my extender doesn't connect to the router anymore. The 2.4 ad 5 ghz LEDs are constant amber and the the LED below that blinking green. The WPS button doesn't work either, like none of the LEDs change like in the instructions, and the factory reset has also done nothing, no matter for how long I hold it. This wifi extender has never been dropped or received any kind of physical damage, so I have no idea why this might be occurring.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

you might be able to connect the extender to the orbi network but it won't integrate with it. 

You'd want to install it using the installation assistant and I wouldn't use it as a mesh device. (give it a seperate ssid)

It doesn't have the dedicated backhaul the triband orbi's do. 

So if you really want to add it try setting it up using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Message 2 of 5
Tazze
Aspirant

How would I go on about doing this? Setting it up with the orbi and all?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You'd use the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Message 4 of 5
Tazze
Aspirant

That doesn't work either, if I plug in my computer to the extender through an ethernet cable my computer says "Unidentified network". I have tried this with other computers in my house and got the same result, so it is definitely the extender. The 2.4 and 5 GHz LEDs still stay amber consistantly and never blink. There's also no wireless thing that pops up in the list of wifis.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7