× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ex8000 & FioS

eggbert1
Follower

Ex8000 & FioS

Greetings - new to Netgear so need some help.  I currently have FioS interent @ 200Mbps. using the FioS new Mini wireless box on 2nd floor & main box is on 1st floor. the mini is trying to connect wirelessly and keeps cutting out.  i have the 8k mesh exxtender installed and running at 5Gmz but the mini still cuts out.  is the issue that the Fios Mini cant use the wifi from ex8000 and needs to connect to the main TV box on 1st floor?  would a MOCA extender from VZ help? thanks and love the product so far just not sure how i can inegrate it with my FIOS Mini Wireless box on 2nd floor.  TY so much

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ex8000 & FioS

Hello eggbert1,

Welcome to the Community! The EX8000 will need to connect to your existing WiFi network. Please factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds then join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network using a phone or laptop. After you connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network with your phone or laptop, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions. 

If you recently purchased the extender, you may get in contact with our Support Team for setup assistance using the link below:

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7