× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ex8000 won't work with Synology AC2600 router

rdgoodri
Follower

Ex8000 won't work with Synology AC2600 router

I've tried to setup this EX8000 6 times with my Synology AC2600 router and it won't work. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What issues are you running into when trying to setup the ex8000 any type of error messages?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
bastianepp
Aspirant

Hi there!

I found this (unfinished) thread after running into exactly the same problem. I just replaced my ZYXEL router with a SYNOLOGY RT2600AC. I used the EX8000 together with the ZYXEL with exactly the same settings (security). Using the assistant, it will find the networks, but won't connect to the router. The LEDs for connection and speed link briefly blink twice before going off. Connecting to the EX8000 again tells me that no connection could be established. I also changed the WIFI channels to the recommended ones, without success.

I also found another thread (whichI can't find back), telling that the issue was solved after getting a new firmware through NETGEAR support.

Firmwares are the newest from the website as of yesterday (MAR 8):

EX8000: 1.0.0.118

SYNOLOGY: SRM 1.1.6-6931 Update 3 

Any help would be appreciated to the my equipment back up into service.

Thanks

Bastian

Model: EX8000|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The fix for this issue will be included in next FW release which is scheduled for early next week.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7