× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extend private and guest networks wireless

Jordi_Net
Follower

Extend private and guest networks wireless

Hello Netgear community,

I have checked many posts here and there, but I don't seem to find the answer to my situation.

I have a private and guest networks in 2.4 and 5GHz frequencies (so 4 SSID's) coming out the R6400 router.

I would like to extend them all to the garden. I want to avoid using a wired connection due to the obvious issues to track guest users from AP. Therefore I hope "wireless extender" will perhaps do the trick. Luckly this extender can be close enough to the R6400 (good Wifi signal) and still reach the garden area (20meters in open air, no walls).

The problem is that I cannot seem to find if such a configuration still respects the separation between my guests logged in the "new access point" and my private network in the R6400 (as that is the problem with wired connections).

So my question is:

* Is it possible?

* If yes, which product can achieve this (budget friendly)?

Thanks in advance,

Jordi

PS: I already tried a powerline but due to the 3phases that I have around the house, it was not a success.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7