× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender AC 1200

Ericluse
Aspirant

Extender AC 1200

NETGEAR told me last night my extender needed a firmware update. Pushed the ok and it never completed which caused it to become stuck. Called support and since I bought it last April they would need $200. To fix the issue. Confused since their download caused the issue. Why is the solution not posted online? I’m sure my dilemma is not the first!
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender AC 1200

You're correct. You're probably not the first. If you search the forum, there's a bunch of people that post problems when they upgrade. here's some stuff that would help us and then some stuff you can try.

What model is it?

What firmware was it on and what version were you going to?

What are the lights doing on the extender? (color, solid/blinking, specify for each light)

Things to try. 

1. Always try a reboot. 

2. If reboot doesn't work, try resetting the device. its always recommended to reset the device after a update. Hold the reset button for 7-10 seconds. You'll have to redo your setup afterward.

For future, always make sure when doing an update, to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset the device afterward. You'll have the most success that route. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
Ericluse
Aspirant

Re: Extender AC 1200

What firmware was it on and what version were you going to? Not known

What are the lights doing on the extender? (color, solid/blinking, specify for each light)

Lights show solid for the 2.4 and 5. Just below that the Up and Down arrows keep blinking as if it's downloading the firmware. 

Try to factory reset numerous times with no change. Thanks, Eric

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7