× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender Connection

INQuilter
Aspirant

Extender Connection

Trouble with initial connection; spoke to someone in tech support said I had 40-45 wifi items connected to my system.  I told him that was impossible and the reply was I can clean up your system and set you up with protection.......cost $99 to $249!  Had no ideas to share with me as to why there might be 40 people connected to my wi-fi, just that they could "fix" it for me.   What the heck is going on....I still dont have my extender established/connected has anyone else had this problem....any suggestions from anyone?

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @INQuilter,

Welcome to the community!

You can check the installation guide found here. Please let us know if there are any issues.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @INQuilter,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@INQuilter wrote:

...I told him that was impossible and the reply was I can clean up your system and set you up with protection.......cost $99 to $249!  ...

This does read like you had talked to some scammers, not to Netgear. How did you get in touch?

Message 4 of 6
INQuilter
Aspirant

To the Comunity and 'Dexter',  I have fixed my problem but it took quite a long while.  In regard to tho I spoke to that quoted me all the $$$$, I spoke to someone that I reached through the support line the only information I have left from that is a  kb.netgear.com - not sure who this is.  Once I got it installed and up and running I didn't keep the other information. Thanks fo all for your responses and advice, hapy holidyas to all.....

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@INQuilter wrote:

... that quoted me all the $$$$, I spoke to someone that I reached through the support line 

First of all, I am glad your issue is fixed.

On the support $$$$ concern, the point is that you need to initiate support through my.netgear.com.  If you just google Netgear phone support, you will often end up finding "fake" numbers that won't take you to the real Netgear support.

Offering to clean your PC and set up some form of "protection" is a common ploy of scammers, and should always raise red alerts.  If you are lucky they will only take your money.  If you are unlucky, they will also steal your data and/or hijack your network devices.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7