× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender EX6120 - can I link 2 together

Charlie_the_min
Follower

Extender EX6120 - can I link 2 together

Hi,

I have a router in my lounge and have put the extender in my hall but it doesnt reach my bedroom, can I 'link' another EX6120 to the one that currently have in my hall or does each one have to link back to the router?

Thanks

Charlie

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Extender EX6120 - can I link 2 together

Hello Charlie

You can daisy chain them but it is not recommended you could have odd issues and you will get slower speeds.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
boogiejoe
Aspirant

How do you actually daisy-chain them even if you wanted to? It would seem logical to be able to do so. Anyway from my recent experience trying to extend my wifi range it appears that you have to select a nominated wifi connection with its own allocated extension. For example if my router is upstairs and I want to engage a wifi extender for using my internet enabled radio downstairs, then I have to choose this particular extender and its extension, even though it may not have generated the strongest signal. Is anybody able to elaborate on this dilemma. Please don't suggest moving the router.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello boogiejoe

When setting up the extender you select the wifi network to connect it to so you would just connect it to the extenders SSID to daisy chain it.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7