× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender Router LED dark. No connection.

darp
Guide

Extender Router LED dark. No connection.

After a firmware update my extender does not connect to the router. Even when it is plugged in very close to the router there the router LED does not light up. Netgear_ext shows up as a wifi option and my computer can connect to that, but it extends nothing. I factory reset the extender a few times, but that did nothing. I have also turned it on and off while it is plugged in. No change. What can I do?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

what are all the leds on it doing? (color, blinking/solid)

When you reset it, were you able to connect to it and run the installation assistant? (not wps)

Message 2 of 6
darp
Guide

The only light that is on the extender is the power LED. All others are dark, unless I connect a device to the extender which shows up in the wifi manager as netgear_ext. Then the device LED illuminates on the extender. However, that connection is a dead end without a connection to the router. Resetting changes nothing. So no, with no connection to a network I an not able to connect to and run the installation assistent.

My router is working fine and is extremely fast. All the other devices in the house are working as they should.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

what color is the power led? 

When you connect to the netgear_ext, are you able to access the extender at mywifiext . net or using the defautl 192.168.1.250? 

Message 4 of 6
darp
Guide

I just checked it again and it decided to hook up and I was able to proceed with the set up. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

If you mark it solved, it might help the next person as well as others won't waste time trying to fix the issue as well 🙂 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7