× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender drops internet while connected to router

Joewn2500rp
Aspirant

Extender drops internet while connected to router

I purchased a refurbished WN2500RP range extender, connected successfully to my rented router (Arris DG1670) from Time Warner (Spectrum) using both WPS and laptop/Ethernet methods. The router connection maintains on both bands, but the internet connection drops--first on one band and then the other--after an hour or so. I can still connect to both the router and extender, but only get internet from the router. Have tried factory reset more than once. Not sure what to try next. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Model: WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Extender drops internet while connected to router

What color are the two link rate LEDs on the extender?  Perhaps also check those LEDs again the next time you see a connection drop.

Message 2 of 4
Joewn2500rp
Aspirant

The LEDs are green with WiFi/ router connection and turn Amber when internet drops. Again, we're not losing internet connection at router. Thanks for your fast reply.
Model: WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Joewn2500rp wrote:
The LEDs are green with WiFi/ router connection and turn Amber when internet drops. 

That suggests the issue is the router->extender hop.  Is it possible to place the extender a bit closer to the router?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7