× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender e2700

Buck567
Tutor

Extender e2700

My extender was working fine until recently it no longer receives internet. The lights are on the extender, it shows as a WiFi network on my devices, but when I connect to (my network)_ext WiFi network, I do not have internet to my connected devices. This is a new problem and nothing else has changed with my home internet. I have tried restoring factory settings, re-connecting the extender multiple times. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender e2700

No, for setup the laptop doesn't need to be online. It just needs to be connected to the internet. Thats why I usually recommend disabling the wifi, so the laptop doesn't default back to the wifi connection during setup

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What router do you have? 

Are you setting up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Message 2 of 9
Buck567
Tutor

I have an At&T router. I initially set up the extender either wps (?assume this is wireless). Everything worked fine for many months. Then, all of a sudden, all connected devices are “offline” even though the router and device lights are green on the extender. I have tried to reconnect via Ethernet and the computer, but no success.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

try factory resetting it and then reinstalling using the installation assistant. 

Message 4 of 9
Buck567
Tutor

I have tried that multiple times. I have tried to re-install using wireless and Ethernet. Intermittently I will get the login screen for net gear and proceed through but receive a message that the extender is not connected to the home network. Frequently I am unable to even get the log in screen error says unable to find the page. The light on my extender indicates green and device light is green also, but no internet in any connected device.
Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

during the setup, connect the pc/laptop to the extender with ethernet and disable the pc/laptop's wifi so it can't default back to the wireless connection. 

Again, start with it fresh. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. Then use the assistant. Make sure not to use WPS

Message 6 of 9
Buck567
Tutor

Thanks I think Ivtried that, but will try it again. Does the laptop not need internet to proceed with set up of the extender?
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

No, for setup the laptop doesn't need to be online. It just needs to be connected to the internet. Thats why I usually recommend disabling the wifi, so the laptop doesn't default back to the wifi connection during setup

Message 8 of 9
Buck567
Tutor

Thank you, thank you. After multiple attempts I am re-connected. In addition to your helpful advice, I found that Google chrome would not connect me, but explorers browser did. In addition, I had to re-start my home network router after successfully connecting my extender. Thank you again for the help. Following those steps exactly with the Wi-Fi disabled was key, I think.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7