× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender ex7700 dropping g internet since firmware update

Btyler92
Aspirant

Extender ex7700 dropping g internet since firmware update

Hi all,
Since the firmware update came out on 26th September my netgear WiFi router doesn’t seem to have any issue but my ex7700 extender will continually drop connection. Some devices won’t even connect to it. I have it set up in two different bands 2g and 5g. The 2g seems to work better but after a few hours it will drop out. Never had any issues until this firmware was released. Has anyone had the same issue and know a fix?? Thanks!
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 9
Btyler92
Aspirant

Sorry I also should have said I have already tried al troubleshooting advice netgear give.. reset etc
Message 2 of 9
DavidRC
Apprentice

Message 3 of 9
Zippy007
Initiate

I had same issue,latest firmware 210 causes connection issues with android and iPhone devices, keeps saying incorrect password.
Found on forum a solution as stated from many users is to roll back the firmware back to 206 firmware.
You need a laptop to do this, download 206 firmware and save to desktop, log into your Extender via ethernet cable, select firmware update, and upload 206 firmware disc file, takes a few minutes. Once done reboot Extender and problem is now fixed, all devices maintain connection and no drop outs! Remember also to uncheck auto firmware update whilst on status page when logged into Extender.
Message 4 of 9
Reghar
Aspirant

Message 5 of 9
laredo1307
Aspirant

I've been having the same problem. Seems to be just the extender itself. First it was my iphone XS and now my wife's iphone 11. rolling back the firmware to 206 seems to be the fix. I had tried every option previous to this. My iphone is currently using googles DNS servers and my wife's is not.

Message 6 of 9
Btyler92
Aspirant

Is anyone else now suffering the same problems under version 206 firmware? It seemed to be the solution before, but now it is happening again?
Thanks!
Message 7 of 9
laredo1307
Aspirant

Yes, I’m still having this issue with 206, just not as bad. Basically now I get interrupts when when trying to load videos or scrolling thru social media. It’s just my iPhone X, My wife’s 12 works fine. When I go upstairs and I’m on the main router everything is good.
Message 8 of 9
Docpdx
Aspirant

Is there a solution to this or do we just wait for a firmware update? My devices fail to connect to the extender 5G but connect with my routers 5G which is further away. Beats the purpose of an extender!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7