× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender makes router ssid to dissappear

Koomikko
Follower

Extender makes router ssid to dissappear

I'm turning to you all for help.

I have a cable modem (moyorola) which is connected to a wireless access point (aztec). Within 5 meters I have placed wn1000rp. Most of the time this combo works fine and I can use Internet over the extender network at the furthest corner of my place where the main access point signal is weak. Thus works as designed.

However occasionally extender seems to be disturbing the access point traffic. The main ssid dissappears from the list of available networks. I can still get connected to the extender network, but without Internet access. At this time there is a red light (top one of the 3 lights) on the extender. I need to turn off the extender and recycle the access point to able get back online. And for some time after this has happened, turning on the extender leads to same situation.

I am guessing what happens is that there is some kind of ip conflict. Extender doesn't know what ips the access point has already given out. I have been trying various things like setting up a fixed ip for the extender, but hasn't really helped so far. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
storm_2003
Novice

Re: Extender makes router ssid to dissappear

Please change the channel of the extender or the router.
To select the best channel, use inSSIDer software on your computer.
This software can detect all the wireless signal available on your location including the security type and the channels used even the signal strength.
This might help you. http://www.inssider.com/
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7