× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender not working in summerhouse

gemzie
Aspirant

Extender not working in summerhouse

I have run a cat 6 cable directly from my router at the front of the house into a summer house at the back of my garden (approx 100ft away). When I plug the cable directly into my PC it works fine, when I plug it into the extender to enable wifi for other devices the router light is either off or red and I am unable to connect. I am missing something here as I'm not too sure why this isn't working.

I'm not very technical so there could be a simple answer to this however I can't seem to work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender not working in summerhouse

What you're missing is that the EX2700 is one of the few range extenders from netgear that doesn't have access point mode. 

Access point mode is what you'd need to hardwire in the extender 

Message 2 of 6
gemzie
Aspirant

Thank you, if I go ahead and purchase one of these, the connection should be ok then?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Purchase one of what? 

Whatever model you get, make sure it has an access point mode. 

Message 4 of 6
gemzie
Aspirant

There were some listed products under what you wrote, I thought that's what you were referring to. Thanks I will make sure the new one I get has access point mode.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

sorry, thats just my signature of my setup 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7