× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender redirecting links?

abear77
Aspirant

Extender redirecting links?

I recently pulled my old wifi extender (EX6120) out of a drawer and set it up. Everything seems to be working fine except when I click on links in my email, I often get redirected to https:// www.mywifiext  dot net/ 

From there I'm told that "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network." but clearly I am every time it's happened. Every time I try to follow the directions its trying to give me, I either get dead links or into an endless loop of being redirected to this page. Never while any of this is happening am I ever actually disconnected from the extender's network. I've tried to disconnect from the network and it acted like it needed to be set up again, and then when I tried to do so, it kept sending me to 404 pages and then acted like it was set up already. I'm on the extender network now and other than this issue it seems to be working fine.

I noticed this happens most often when I'm clicking on links to track packages. Even when I try to put the tracking information in through google, I get redirected to mywifiex dot net. For context I'm using firefox.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender redirecting links?

What router are you connected to?

Did you set the extender up using WPS (push button), using the app, or using the installation assistant? 

Message 2 of 5
abear77
Aspirant

The router is a Motorola AC1900 model MG7700 and I used the the assistant to set it up.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

have you set the extender with a static/reserved ip address in the motorola?

Message 4 of 5
abear77
Aspirant

It has a dynamic ip

However, I reconnected the extender using WPS and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7