× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender

E_Dak
Follower

Extender

Good morning. I am looking for a recommendation as to the best solution to my network issues. We have a vacation home that has two cabins. The two cabins are 150 ft away from each other and I am trying to get wifi from one to the other. Cabin 1 has the wifi and about 120 ft  away there is an outdoor hut with electrical that can be used as well. Cabin 2 currently doesn't get any signal from the router. I am looking for a solution that would either increase the range of the current wifi router or to extend using an outdoor extender in the hut that would be able to reach cabin 2. Also, not very technical so looking for a simple to setup and maintain solution. Thank you so much for the help!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender

Its a bit of a challenging distance. you can look at a point to point system like netgear's airbridge or try something like powerline if there's power ran from the main location to the distance one. Powerline has issues with distance too. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7