× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender

Lordburnside
Aspirant

Extender

My extender 7700 no longer werks so I asked for help. Guy tried to sell me a virus checker for £130+.

Decided it was a scam so will be asking for a full refund on my extender. Very annoyed.

Message 1 of 4
Lordburnside
Aspirant

Extenders

I

There was an-attempted scam when i asked for support re 7700.

I wish to get a full refund  as the ptoduct does not work or is too complicated to re install. Has anyone else the same problem?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Extenders

I have two 7700s and both worked fine for me. 

Maybe if you gave us more details maybe we can help you get it running better. 

Like what brand and model# host router your using the EX with? 

Distance from the EX to the main host router? 

If you feel these are too complicated, maybe you can find a friend or family member who may have more technical experieces to help you out. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

@Lordburnside wrote:

There was an-attempted scam when i asked for support re 7700.

I wish to get a full refund  as the ptoduct does not work or is too complicated to re install. Has anyone else the same problem?

Message 3 of 4

Re: Extender

@Lordburnside wrote:

My extender 7700 no longer werks so I asked for help. Guy tried to sell me a virus checker for £130+.

Let me guess, you Googled something like "Netgear support" and ended up on a web site that offered to help you out for a fee?

There's one born every minute. That's why we see too many of those reports here.

Decided it was a scam so will be asking for a full refund on my extender. Very annoyed.

Fortunately, you were a bit quicker off the mark.

The official support channels start here:

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

First you have to register your device to confirm that it is eligible for the 90-days free support. Start here:

MyNETGEAR | Product Registration

Start a case and, with luck, they will contact you.

After 90 days, Netgear does not provide paid support. It farms that out to GearHead.

GearHead Support

GearHead supports all manner of kit, but it isn't likely to try flogging things like firewalls and virus checkers.

Or you can try to sort out problems here. That costs you nothing.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7