× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending Range on 1st Floor

tdeprenda
Aspirant

Extending Range on 1st Floor

I have FiOS internet. In the basement I have the FiOS Quantum Gateway Router supplying the wifi. I have the AC3000-Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender on my second floor. What would be a good solution to extend coverage on the first floor? It can connect to the existing wifi or I can connect via ethernet to the router. Not sure which Netgear extender would serve me best on this floor. Thanks in advance.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Extending Range on 1st Floor

If you didn't already have the EX8000 I'd have suggested an Orbi - similar price if you need multiple extenders, and there are advantages to getting a fully integrated mesh system.  If you can still exchange it, then perhaps consider that.

In general you'll get the best speeds connecting the over ethernet.  The next best option is a triband extender.  You could get another EX8000, though if you are using AP mode you could go with something less expensive - for instance an EX7300.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7