× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending Xfinity Hotspot

bharani_res
Follower

Extending Xfinity Hotspot

Hello Experts,

firstly I'm a comcast customer and want to extend the wifi hotspot in 2nd floor.

I currently have a WN2500RP extender which I can connect fine to Xfinitywifi hotspot and which redirects me to comcast login page and where I login and everything works fine.

recently I thought to upgrade my extender for better coverage so I got Ex7300, however this time the experience was quite opposite. I'm able to connect to the xfinitywifi hotspot however it was not redirecting me to the sign in page and even the netgear support person was not able to help saying that since the connection was "OPEN" with no password..this cannot be acheived. 

Is that TRUE?

Also I read this article below for EX6200, Do you know this model works similar to WN2500RP? OR any other latest model?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Repeaters/Netgear-EX6200-to-share-xfinitywifi-...

Please adivse. Appreciate your reponses and thanks in advance.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender,WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender,EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Extending Xfinity Hotspot

Hello bharani_res 

The EX6200 is a newer extender that can do 802.11ac where the WN2500RP is a older N standard but they do the same things.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7