× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FLASHING WHITE LIGHTS AND POWER BUTTON FLASHING RED

Stamospawn
Aspirant

FLASHING WHITE LIGHTS AND POWER BUTTON FLASHING RED

I see a few other threads with this same issue, but none have any fixes.

I have TWO of these units and love them when they are working.

Here is issue-

After power outage-

All lights on front flash white when plugged in and never stop

Power button in back is green initially, then starts flashing red after about 20 seconds and does not stop.

I have tried to RESET by holding pin in for 10 seconds, then 15 secondsm then 60 seconds. Nothing happens.

I try to sign in to Extender and it prompts me to SET UP NEW EXTENDER.

It is not new, so I am not sure what it is doing.

I have it connected to a laptop with Ethernet that is connected to the signal from main router.

Any suggestions? This unit is LESS than a year old 😞

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: FLASHING WHITE LIGHTS AND POWER BUTTON FLASHING RED

Power surges, flickering, storms are great at causing havok with electronics. Potentially resetting the device, corrupting firmware, to the point of even wrecking devices. 

Plus if you pushed the reset button for >7 seconds, you erased all the settings. This includes the install you did. 

You'll need to reinstall and follow the install guides. 

Here's where you get the guides.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX8000.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Stamospawn
Aspirant

Thanks.

I will try these steps when I get home. I am concerned that the lights just continue flashing and the power button in back flashes red. It doesn't seem to be responding to anything.

Hopefully it will accept the downloads in it's current state of flashing white LED lights on front and flashing red power LED on back.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

sorry, I thought you said you could access the new setup process. If the lights are blinking and its not responding, you can try the tftp recovery procedure. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Works well in these instances. If it doesn't, I'd contact support and see about an RMA. to contact support, click on mynetgear, register an account, and then your device. 

don't google support. it brings up con/scam sites. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7