× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Factory reset Wifi Extender

MGOGGLES
Aspirant

Factory reset Wifi Extender

My Netgear Modem/Router just stopped working yesterday. I have tried using a paperclip to reset the factory settings on my ectender because I have a new network name . It does not work per the directions. I cannot figure out how to do on my laptop because not the same network.  Any ideas or I am I just out of luck? Would this work on a different brand of router?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Factory reset Wifi Extender

What modem/router did you replace it with? 

did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the device was powered on? 

Message 2 of 4
MGOGGLES
Aspirant

it is an Axxis cable modem and a Tenda router. Yes, I did and the power light blinks like it says but it is never factory reset. I even did a hard connect to the new router but that did not it help. It still has the old network names and when I go to the website it says not attached to same network and I can go no further.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@MGOGGLES wrote:
it is an Axxis cable modem and a Tenda router.---which models?  Yes, I did and the power light blinks like it says but it is never factory reset.----Does the power light stay blinking? what color? does it go back to solid?  I even did a hard connect to the new router but that did not it help.---hard connect with what? connecting the router to the extender with ethernet? If so, you'd still need to rerun setup to set it up in access point mode. Or it won't work. It still has the old network names and when I go to the website it says not attached to same network and I can go no further.---when you go to what website? 

So you're able to connect to the extender with a laptop/pc? What happens when you connect? 

You should be able to log into it if you can connectt to it. Once logged in, you can re-run setup using the installation assistant. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7