× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Failed Setup. Failed Support. Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender

etom
Follower

Failed Setup. Failed Support. Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender

I intentionally purchased this expensive extender because I really needed assurance of something that worked well due to my limited free time.

Upon receiving this product, the firmware update process froze and the setup would not work. At that point, i troubleshooted for an hour searching online and via the manual. I then decided to call support 2 times that evening (each taking an hour) and eventually gave up.

I just wanted the factory settings to come back but the hard factory reset would not work (holding down the reset button for 7 sec)

The next day, i called support which i eventually got through after an hour. We went through the same exact steps documented online and then some more complex steps. Including holding down the reset while plugging and unplugging the power 4 times. 

After almost 2 hours of troubleshooting. I gave up because i simply could not afford to spend another minute on it after spending almost 6 hours for a $200 extender.

The kind lady on the support call offered an RMA/replacement unit. However, i never recevied it after 3 weeks. I recevied a follow up call from Netgear in which i told them my frustration - and asked if they can check on my RMA status. They told me they cannot see that part in their support system and i would have to call the 1800 number. Dissapointing to say the least...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel totally ripped off and could have done better selecting a random $100 extender from any other brand and would have saved time, $ and headache...

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
FlintW
Aspirant

Re: Failed Setup. Failed Support. Netgear EX8000 Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Range Extender

I was looking to purchase an EX8000 and it kind of looks like that unit has been discountinued, but maybe they are just out of stock and having supply chain issues.

Maybe that's why they had none in stock to RMA? Totally lame that they aren't supplying a replacement of some kind.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7