× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fastlane does not work on EX7000?

Discipulus
Follower

Fastlane does not work on EX7000?

I just purchased an EX7000. I am SUPER impressed with how easy the installation was! Using the WPS, the extender immediately synced with the router, adopting the passwords and security of the two bands on my router.

I wanted to activate Fastlane, and all the info, videos and instructions say how easy it is in Netgear Genie. "Click on the radio button, then click save, and your settings are saved." Uhh, no. 😞

On the Fastlane page, I click on the radio button, then save, then Genie begins asking for more info, specifically it goes to a new page, scans for all 5G networks in range and then prompts me to decide which network I want to extend? It appears to be restarting the manual setup? :eek:

Please help, how can I activate Fastlane on my EX7000? My router is the R7000.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. When do we get an EX7000 subforum for our hardware? :confused:
Message 1 of 2
sybernut
Aspirant

Re: Fastlane does not work on EX7000?

FastLane mode works, but you have to go through these 'manual' steps as far as I know. Also, if you want to change any of the FastLane-mode or Basic-mode parameters (e.g. router SSID, 2G/5G or 5G/2G FastLane), you have to first switch to the other mode, something they should fix in future Genie releases.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7