× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Upgrade File for WN3000RP is Corrupted on download

Benjidog
Aspirant

Firmware Upgrade File for WN3000RP is Corrupted on download

I need to update the firmware on my WN3000RP to deal with a reported wifi instability issue.

I have downloaded the zip file several times but it is corrupted and on opening the zip in contains two files: 

WN3000RP_V1.02.64_1.1.86_ReleaseNote.htmp (which is OK)

WN3000RP_V1.02.64_1.1.86.chk (recovered file fragments)

Is there a way of getting this fixed or an alternative download site as it seems that whatever country you select for the downloads you end up with the same URL?

Thanks if you can help.

Brian

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware Upgrade File for WN3000RP is Corrupted on download

The ‘recovered file fragments’ is just your computer’s interpretation of a ‘.chk’ file. You should be able to upload the .chk file to the router using the router administration GUI.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The ‘recovered file fragments’ is just your computer’s interpretation of a ‘.chk’ file. You should be able to upload the .chk file to the router using the router administration GUI.

Message 2 of 4
Benjidog
Aspirant

Thanks Andy. I have done the upgrade successfully now and hopefully this will fix the wifi instability. The filename was confusing but if that is the standard name you use I will know in future.

Best wishes,

Brian

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well you’re not the first to post with such an issue, but as you say that file extension has been used for quite some time by Netgear.

Hopefully the upgrade will resolve your issues, but if not we’re here to help. If you do continue to have issues I suggest the following initial steps.

• Make a note of all current router settings, screen grabs might help, but be careful where there are scrollable lists to capture all data.
  • Factory reset the router and re-enter settings manually.
  • Check if the issue is resolved at the earliest opportunity while re-entering settings.
  • After re-entering settings create a saved settings file from the router admin GUI.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7