× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware Version V1.0.0.46_1.0.29

mazchile83
Aspirant

Firmware Version V1.0.0.46_1.0.29

After firmware update to  V1.0.0.46_1.0.29 I can no longer access www.mywifiext.net with Firefox v70.0 64Bit on Linux Mint. I can access from Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) on the same machine but I do not normally use Chrome and am wondering seeing this  new firmware is not working properly if it has introduced some security issue.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

My understand is that its a little of both. 

Recent browser releases have had issues (have been getting fixed).Not sure if it was the netgear update that did it or firefox update but I've seen issues with chrome, firefox, and chromium on the forums. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Google-Chrome-V77-Blocking-Admin-Page-Access...

Best bet? use chrome until firefox updates again and see if its fixed. Chrome has went back to working with minor updates. I'd bet the others will too. 

Message 2 of 3
mazchile83
Aspirant

Here is the weird thing, I logged into my 6120 with Firefox to restart it because it seemed to be acting funky and a notice came up that this available firmware update fixed a security problem. Like an idiot I blindly applied the update without backing up the existing version so not sure if I can go back and it was after the 6120 updated and restarted that I was no longer able to login with Firefox so pretty sure this firmware update exposed another issue with either Firefox, my config or the firmware update itself.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7