× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update issues EXT3700

JconnellRVTCVT
Initiate

Firmware update issues EXET3700

I have downloaded the most current firmware for my EXT3700 and each time I upload it it says that it's the incorrect fire or type. I am downloading it directly from the netgear page for my extender!!! I have no clue what it wants. I am uploading the .chk file only. Why does it keep telling me this when my MANUAL says that the file it needs is the CHK file!!!!

"6. Click the CHECK ONLINE button.
7. If new firmware is available, follow the onscreen prompts to download it onto your computer.
Note:You might need to unzip the firmware file.
8. Click the BROWSE button.
9. Locate and select the new firmware file.
The firmware file name ends with a .chk extension."
When I click go online it never does anything but sit there spinning. That's why I downloaded it from here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx#download

Please help and tell me what to do!!! This is very frustrating!!!

Thank you in advance!!!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JconnellRVTCVT
Initiate

UPDATE:!!! I kept searching for answers and found out that what Netgear says is the lastest version and what my extender says is are two different things. I finally found the correct version but it downloaded as an "image" which was odd, but I uploaded it and it worked!!! So Yaaaa finally my firmware is updated.

Thanks to all who might have read my plea for help.

JConnell

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JconnellRVTCVT
Initiate

UPDATE:!!! I kept searching for answers and found out that what Netgear says is the lastest version and what my extender says is are two different things. I finally found the correct version but it downloaded as an "image" which was odd, but I uploaded it and it worked!!! So Yaaaa finally my firmware is updated.

Thanks to all who might have read my plea for help.

JConnell

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements