× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware upgrade

barrierexpress
Aspirant

Firmware upgrade

Genie tells me a new firmware upgrade is available from  xxxxx46 to xxxxx66.However after downloading and trying to install Netgear , a Windows Edge window opens asking me to verify Netgear user name and password.The problem is that it will not accept my password and after three attempts access is denied.I then get the message that upgrade has failed.

I have tried resetting my password ,but it makes no difference.

Whay reallyn annoys me is that product has almost 12 months to run under warranty, but I have to pay to talk to someone-Netgear doesn`t even supply an email contact.

Can anyone help-or how important is the upgrade and can I just forget about it and remove Genie.

Thanks David

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
barrierexpress
Aspirant

Re: Firmware upgrade

Hi Darren,

DGN220v4, but not to worry, as I have solved the problem and sucessfully downloaded and upgraded to the latest firmware.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello barrierexpress

What is the model of the product that you are trying to upgrade the firmware on?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
barrierexpress
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

DGN220v4, but not to worry, as I have solved the problem and sucessfully downloaded and upgraded to the latest firmware.

Thanks,

David.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7