× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fresh out of box.Netgear AC 750, 3700 extender . Router will not accept passord for either new nw

dodell
Follower

Fresh out of box.Netgear AC 750, 3700 extender . Router will not accept passord for either new nw

I When setting up I used WPS to connect to existing network on AT&T cable router. Connected fine. Works but weak signal. Book says use the same password to connect to either new network but neither will accept it. Book says probably the 750 is too far from modem but I have tried at 3 feet and it won't accept the password.. Help, I am 80 year old non nurd
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Fresh out of box.Netgear AC 750, 3700 extender . Router will not accept passord for either ne...

Hello Dodell

You will have to log into the extender by hooking a ethernet cord to the unit and plug it into a pc.Then go to www.mywifiext.net should give you a log in and then put in admin/password then you will be able to change the wireless password in the wireless settings.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7